Spencer Garvagh is the Independent Development Consultant to the British Racing Drivers Club (BRDC) which owned the 760-acre Silverstone estate in Northamptonshire including the world-renowned Silverstone racing circuit which hosts the British Grand Prix.
Asset Plus One obtained local authority approval via an adopted Development Brief for up to 6 million square feet of mixed commercial uses for the estate which offered the potential to realise the inherent commercial value of the Silverstone brand heritage.
Subsequently the development land not associated directly with the operations of the circuit was sold to MEPC who are now creating a world class engineering and business hub.
Most recently Asset Plus One has secured Outline Planning Consent across the 550 acre estate for a mixed use leisure development including hotels, brand centres, leisure destination attractions and much more.
It is exciting times .
- The Hilton Hotel is underway.
- Aston Martin have openned their new research & development facility.
- In a joint venture with Frontiers Capital, 60 luxury lodges are to be developed together with a dedicated clubhouse.
- Motorbike and car manufacturers are proposing to take circuit-side brand centres.
- A new concept is being worked on with a partner which will bring karting to the circuit.